The ES 300h and ES 350 offer the level of ultra-refined motoring that you would expect in a Lexus, with the choice of a technologically advanced 3.5 litre V6 petrol engine or a 2.5 litre Atkinson cycle petrol engine hybrid,
both of which will satisfy your
desire for uplifting performance.
ES 350 Sports Luxury model shown
In the ES 350, an advanced, quad cam 204kW 3.5 litre V6 petrol engine delivers heightened levels of smoothness and refinement. The sensation is rendered all the more remarkable by a silky 6-speed Electronically Controlled Transmission (ECT). Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) helps the ES 350 achieve improved engine performance and lower fuel consumption compared to conventional motors.
The ES is several dynamic vehicles in one thanks to Drive Mode Select. Featuring ECO, NORMAL and SPORT drive modes, you can change the vehicle's driving dynamics and personality with a simple turn of a dial.
Select 'ECO' and the vivid Optitron instrumentation is displayed in a soothing blue while system responses are tempered for optimum economy. 'NORMAL' ensures responses are well suited to everyday driving and refined comfort. When you seek added stimulation, turn to 'SPORT' and the throttle and steering response becomes more immediate and the instrumentation is displayed in a vibrant red hue.
Hybrid models also feature Electric Vehicle (EV) drive mode. Provided the hybrid battery has sufficient charge and the vehicle is warm, EV drive mode allows short drives at low speeds on electric power only, perfect for stop-start traffic.
During the development of the ES, Lexus engineers set a number of suspension tuning goals. Unmatched ride comfort, excellent straight line stability, assured handling performance, and reduced noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) levels were all a focus.
A front MacPherson strut suspension set up ensures excellent ride comfort and handling stability while a lightweight dual-link rear suspension contributes to excellent fuel economy through reduced weight and provides handling stability too. The Electric Power Steering (EPS) has also been tuned for superior response and stability, all of which make driving the ES a truly luxurious experience.
ES 350 Sports Luxury model shown.
The strikingly fluid lines of the ES certainly demand attention but there is more to its captivating design than just aesthetics. A low drag coefficient of 0.27 is achieved through a range of intelligent design inclusions. Aero stabilising fins fitted to the vehicle's sides and underbody enhance handling stability. Meanwhile, covers and diffusers control underbody airflow to help achieve greater aerodynamic performance by reducing drag for enhanced fuel economy and excellent handling stability.
At Lexus, cutting corners is simply never an option, with attention to detail at the foundation of everything we do. Never is this philosophy more important than when it comes to your safety and that of your passengers.
A technologically advanced Pre-Collision Safety System (PCS)19 can take pre-emptive measures to help minimise the impact should a collision ahead be detected. The first indication of danger will be an audible alarm and the PCS lamp flashing in the Multi-Information Display (MID), alerting you to take emergency action. In some situations it can even activate the brakes to reduce impact speed if necessary.
Wherever you sit in the ES, you can feel assured knowing you have the protection of 10 Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) airbags throughout the cabin.
Dual-stage driver and front passenger airbags take into account the seat position and the force of impact to deploy in stages to optimise the protection of the vehicle's occupants. Driver and front passenger knee airbags protect lower limbs by restraining the occupant's forward movements and cushioning the force of impact. Meanwhile, front and rear side airbags and full-length curtain shield airbags build upon the superior safety credentials of the ES.
Enjoy extra confidence when you're reversing thanks to the ES's Reversing Camera3, which includes steering-linked guidance lines plus Clearance and Reversing Sonars8. The gentle "beep-beep" of Clearance and Reversing Sonars8 ensure that even the tightest parking spots are considerably less challenging. At the same time, exterior mirrors tilt downwards when you select reverse, allowing you to see the parking line and the curb immediately behind you.
When it comes time to leave, reversing out of a parking spot is also safer thanks to the Rear Cross Traffic Alert8 which sounds a chime should a vehicle be crossing behind you that potentially cannot be seen from the driver's seat.
When cruising at highway speeds, Radar Active Cruise Control (ACC)2 not only takes care of the acceleration but also looks ahead. Having first set your cruising speed, ACC helps maintain a safe following distance from traffic ahead even as the vehicle's speed fluctuates. Should another vehicle cross your path, it reduces the throttle and if necessary applies the brakes to slow you down, helping maintain a safe following distance.
When cruising at highway speeds, Radar Active Cruise Control (ACC)2 not A range of safety initiatives are constantly at work looking out for your safety during everyday driving situations. A Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)1 displays an illuminated indicator in the appropriate exterior mirror should a vehicle be detected alongside which may be outside your field of vision, while rain sensing wipers help keep your vision clear in inclement weather.
Unintentionally veering out of your lane is one of the most dangerous driving situations so it's comforting to know all ES models feature an advanced Lane Departure Warning+ (LDW+)1 system as standard. This detects unintentional deviation from the current lane and illuminates an indicator in the Multi Information Display (MID) as well as emitting an audible warning to notify the driver.
It can even provide a gentle degree of steering assistance to encourage return to the proper lane.
Lexus designers have created an environment in the ES that is an expression of pure luxury. The cabin layout intelligently meets the needs of the driver, while passengers will appreciate the feeling of space and refinement.
Overseas ES 300h Sports Luxury model shown
The driver and front passenger in the ES are assured of expansive space and incredible comfort. Importantly though, the ES is a true five seater so all occupants will enjoy a truly luxurious ride. Door openings have been shaped for easier entry, while the lengthy cabin, significant headroom and a low centre seat position mean it amply accommodates three adults in the rear. Even the front seats contribute to rear legroom through careful sculpting of the seatbacks.
As you settle into the cabin of the ES, the embossed leather accented interior will leave you in no doubt that you are in a Lexus. A dual zone climate control with moisturising NanoeTM function allows you to set your preferred temperature for the front seat occupants while heated front seats will keep you wonderfully warm on even the coldest of days.
An electrically operated rear window sunshade reduces harsh UV rays and keeps the cabin cooler. A considerate reverse-link function means that the moment you select reverse, the sunshade retracts automatically for unhindered rear visibility, then assumes its former position once you're moving forward again.
An 8" Multimedia LCD Screen with Satellite Navigation7 has been positioned comfortably away from the main instruments, close to the driver's line of sight. This complements the feeling of space while bringing to life essential information without distraction. This high resolution display serves as your window into a world of entertainment, navigation, control and comfort all accessed via the Lexus Remote Touch controller and selected short-cut keys.
Since no two bodies are alike, 10-way power front seats ensure you'll relax quickly into your comfort zone. Even the head rests may be manually adjusted forward and back to achieve the ideal distance from your head, for enhanced comfort and optimum restraint.
Driver's seat memory is included in the Sports Luxury model, allowing you to promptly recall your preferred seat and exterior mirror settings at the touch of a button, as well as the addition of a front passenger seat memory selection, for added convenience.
A portfolio of switches mounted on the steering wheel provide fingertip access to a range of functions as you drive, so you need never take your hands off the steering wheel.
You can operate a range of Bluetooth®5 functions, adjust audio controls and trip information, and activate voice recognition. From there, spoken commands allow you to place a call, select music or navigate home7.
IS model shown
Lexus Enform6 is a suite of apps that allows you to feel connected and informed in a number of ways.
Utilising compatible smartphones6, Enform allows you to remotely send destinations to the navigation system7, search for local businesses, locate nearby service stations, view the weather, gauge your travel time, create the perfect soundtrack with Pandora® and even contact a Lexus representative. Lexus Enform puts a wealth of connectivity at your fingertips.
Discover more about Lexus Enform
The cabin of the ES Sports Luxury grade is effectively insulated from outside noise, allowing the 15 speaker Mark Levinson® 5.1 channel sound system to really shine. Each speaker has been carefully positioned, and together with the digitally-enhanced 12-channel 'Class D' amplifier, envelops you in pristine, purified sound.
Digital radio4 and a DVD player deliver sound to a symphony of fifteen speakers. This system brings to life a remarkable development known as GreenEdgeTM technology, which works in the amplifier and speakers. The result is increased audio clarity while consuming half the energy. In addition, the front speakers utilise the latest 'UnityTM' design, noted for achieving a smooth connection between mid and high ranges.
Other features exclusive to the Sports Luxury grade include a semi-aniline leather accented interior, ventilated front seats, heated outer rear seats, luxury rear armrest with controls, tri-zone air conditioning, manual rear window shades and woodgrain-look ornamentation.
The ES is a luxury vehicle that combines elegant styling with sporty proportions. From the striking signature spindle grille through to the flowing contours of the body design, it strikes a highly confident and refined note.
ES 350 Sports Luxury model shown with Enhancement Pack 1
Lexus' L-finesse design language continues to push Lexus vehicles in thrilling new directions. Conveying a refined and undeniably classy presence, the message is clear: the ES is a vehicle where you can have it all.
The body design features a dramatically flowing silhouette. LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) have been sculpted into a striking arrowhead design, which integrates neatly with the dynamic LED low-beam headlights leading into the signature Lexus spindle grille. Being mounted lower and leaner, the grille design assumes a sporty, more dramatic posture.
Every element of the ES has been carefully considered by Lexus designers including the striking 17"Alloy Wheels. The gleam of the highly polished alloy and the distinctive design enhance the feelings of excitement this unique vehicle generates and reinforces the fact that 'elegant sportiness' is not a contradiction in terms. ES 300h models receive a hybrid-exclusive wheel styling while ES 350 Luxury and Sports Luxury grade alloy wheels each feature a unique design.
Sports Luxury grades gain a power operated boot lid for ease of access while Hybrid models also feature an exclusive rear lip-spoiler that leaves a lasting impression.
Among the many standard inclusions you'll enjoy in the ES is a Tilt and Slide Electric Glass Moonroof with Sun Shade. Let some sunlight in at the touch of a button and enjoy a feeling of exhilaration so that every journey becomes more than just getting from A to B.
When fitted with Enhancement Pack 1, the ES 350 Sports Luxury grade also features a full-length Panoramic Glass Roof with front tilt and slide functions.
One of the most difficult decisions you will make should you decide to purchase an ES is choosing between the 10 luxurious exterior colours, each with their own unique effects, including a self-restoring coating16, which are the result of some remarkable formulations and paint techniques.
A more vibrant effect, for example, is created in Graphite Black* by tiny glass particles which create a multi-coloured light display through reflection and refraction. In the exquisite Premium Silver*, the metallic particles have been smoothly aligned to capture the light and accentuate the three dimensional body design.
ALL FEATURES MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON ALL MODELS
1) Fuel consumption will vary depending on driving conditions/style, vehicle conditions and options/accessories. Source of fuel consumption data: ADR 81/02 combined (L/100km).
2) Active Cruise Control (ACC) is a driver assist technology and should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices. Driver should continue to monitor the road.
3) Reversing Camera/Rear Guide Assist (RGA)/Back Guide Monitor is designed as a driver assist device only and should not be used as a substitute for skilled driving (and/or safe parking practices). The area into which the vehicle is to be driven must be visually monitored by the driver.
4) Digital radio station coverage dependent on vehicle location.
5) The Bluetooth® word mark is owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Not all devices are compatible and functionality varies depending on the device.
6) Lexus Enform is available on certain vehicle models and grades only. Lexus Enform is free for the duration of your new car warranty. Enform services rely on data from the driver's compatible mobile phone and information provided by third parties. Availability is dependent on a number of factors, including the availability of third party information, mobile service, sufficient mobile data allowance and GPS satellite signal reception. Mobile usage is at the user's cost. Lexus Australia reserves the right to add, remove or modify applications. Further information is provided at www.lexus.com.au/enform.
7) Current navigation mapping database encompasses major capital and primary national road networks as well as offering some coverage in regional areas.
8) Clearance & / or Reversing Sonar / Driver Fatigue Monitor / Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) / Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) / Lane Departure Warning (LDW) / Lane Departure Warning+ (LDW+) / Lane Keep Assist (LKA) / Panoramic View Monitor (PVM) / Brake Assist are driver assist devices only and should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices. The area into which the vehicle is driven must be visually monitored by the driver.
9) Automatic High Beam (AHB) / Adaptive High-beam System (AHS) / Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) are driver assist devices only and should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
10) Only Qi-supported devices are compatible. Refer to your device manufacturer to determine your device's compatibility. Some devices may require the purchase of a Qi-supported accessory to enable wireless charging.
11) SUNA™ GPS Traffic Updates are only available in metropolitan Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney; it operates from information provided by Intelematics Australia and may not cover all road incidents and congestion. See sunatraffic.com.au for details.
12) Not all devices will be compatible and functionality will vary depending on the device.
13) Multi-Terrain Monitor does not provide a comprehensive view of the area surrounding the vehicle, it is a driver assist device only and should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices. Areas into which the vehicle is driven must be visually monitored.
14) Crawl Control [with Turn Assist] is a driver assist technology and should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices. Areas into which the vehicle is driven must be visually monitored.
15) Towing capacity is subject to regulatory requirements, towbar and vehicle design and towing equipment limitations.
16) Self-restoring paint contains an outer coating with elastic qualities capable of restoring superficial scratches only.
17) Emissions vary depending on driving conditions / style, vehicle conditions and options / accessories.
18) Multi-Terrain Monitor does not provide a comprehensive view of the area surrounding the vehicle, it is a driver assist device only and should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices. Areas into which the vehicle is driven must be visually monitored.
19) Pre-Collision Safety System (PCS) is a driver assist technology and should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices. Driver should continue to monitor the road.
* Premium Paint featured is an optional extra at additional cost for all model lines (excluding LS 460 and LS 600h).
Lexus Australia reserves the right to vary and discontinue the current interior and exterior colours, trims and colour/trim/model combinations. Colours and trims displayed here are a guide only and may vary from actual colours due to printing / display process. See your Lexus dealer to confirm colour/trim/model availability when ordering your vehicle. Metallic / mica pearlescent paint is optional and subject to additional charges on most models.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - please read: Lexus Australia uses its best endeavours to ensure material is correct when published. Check with your authorised Lexus dealer when ordering to ensure the vehicle with your chosen specifications, equipment and colour is available and can be delivered within the timeframe suitable to you. When ordering accessories, check with your authorised Lexus dealer to ensure the accessory's design, features and colours are available and fit your vehicle. Consider the mass of your load will not exceed the maximum allowable individual axle capacity, Gross Vehicle Mass and/or Gross Combined Mass of the vehicle. Refer to lexus.com.au for further details. Colours displayed are a guide only and may vary from actual colours due to printing/display processes. Certain accessories when fitted will require the removal of standard equipment, which may be retained by Lexus Australia or your Lexus dealer. Lexus Australia reserves the right to change, without notice, prices, colours, materials, equipment, specifications and discontinue colours/models. To the extent permitted by law, Lexus Australia will not be liable for any damage, loss or expense incurred as a result of reliance on this material in any way.
Published by Lexus Australia ABN 64 009 686 097, 155 Bertie St, Port Melbourne 3207