The bold, aggressive styling of the GS 250 hints at the performance that awaits the driver. Once behind the wheel, this distinctive vehicle does not disappoint.
Luxury model shown.
CUSTOMISE YOUR DRIVING EXPERIENCE DEPENDING ON YOUR MOOD AND THE DRIVING CONDITIONS WITH DRIVE MODE SELECT
The pleasure of driving the GS 250 has been enhanced with a complete redevelopment of the front suspension and all new rear suspension. The result has been a leap forward in driving quality, offering a feeling of composure, grip, absolute straight line and cornering stability and a connection between the driver and the car that ensures peace of mind in all driving conditions.
Standard across all grades, sequential shift with paddle shifters allows for rapid gear changes with up-shifts in as little as 0.3 of a second and rev-matched blipping downshifts in as little as 0.2 of a second. Without needing to remove your hands from the steering wheel, experience a heightened level of safety and control and enjoy a more connected, sporty and responsive drive.
Customise your driving experience depending on your mood and the driving conditions with Drive Mode Select. NORMAL mode is used for regular driving conditions. ECO mode changes the climate control performance, seat heater control and throttle/engine response for better fuel economy. SPORT mode, meanwhile, offers more aggressive powertrain control. The lighting of the instrumentation changes depending on the mode selected, with a calm blue for ECO or NORMAL mode and an exciting red glow when SPORT is activated.
A 2.5L V6 petrol engine with 154kW and a six-speed sequential automatic transmission with paddle shift deliver a powerful, responsive drive. In a Lexus first, the GS 250 has a sound amplifying resonator fitted to the air intake which, working together with the muffler, amplifies airflow noise at high engine rpm for an engine note that stirs the senses, reminiscent of the LFA Supercar.
For those times you'd like more aggressive acceleration and sportier handling, SPORT+ drive mode provides the performance response you want, allowing you to explore the vehicle's full potential. As you enjoy the thrill of a more energetic drive, the instrumentation lighting transitions to an exciting red.
The GS 250 utilises cutting-edge technology to anticipate and quickly react to possible hazards, and helps to protect occupants in the event of an accident.
Luxury model shown.
THE GS 250 OFFERS AN IMPRESSIVELY HIGH LEVEL OF SAFETY PERFORMANCE.
Luxury model shown.
Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) integrates safety systems like Anti-skid Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), Traction Control (TRC) and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), allowing them to 'talk' to each other so they activate earlier for a smoother, less intrusive operation. This intuitive technology allows you to focus on the pleasure of the journey, reassured by the enhanced safety and improved handling of the GS 250.
The safety inclusions in the GS 250 harness advanced technology to protect the vehicle's occupants and enhance the overall driving experience. Emergency brake lights flash at high speed after sudden braking at speeds above 55km/h to alert drivers behind you, allowing them to break sooner. Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)6 can hold the brakes for two seconds after the brake pedal is released or until the accelerator is depressed, while the Electric Park Brake (EPB) is engaged automatically in 'Auto' mode when the driver shifts into 'Park' for greater safety and convenience.
A wide angle Rear View Camera (RVC)6, with multiple Rear Guide Assist (RGA)6 options, improves safety and simplifies parking. The rear of the vehicle is projected onto the multimedia display with graphics that move with the steering wheel to predict the path the vehicle will take while reversing.
With 10 Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) airbags as standard, both the driver and passengers are afforded extra protection in the event of an accident. In a first for Lexus, the
GS 250 also comes equipped with a glovebox-mounted front passenger knee airbag, ensuring extra legroom without compromising on safety. In addition, a Lexus world first design has been utilised for the passenger front airbag allowing for a concave dash which enhances spaciousness.
For the first time on an Australian Lexus vehicle, all GS vehicles come standard with a Tyre Pressure Warning System. A sensor mounted to each tyre's valve assists in detecting a dangerous loss of pressure, with an illuminated warning light in the instrumentation alerting the driver.
The reassuringly intuitive nature of the GS 250 is further highlighted with a Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)6, standard across all GS 250 grades. The BSM is intelligently designed to reduce the chance of an accident during lane changes by using radar sensors mounted in the rear bumper corners to detect vehicles in areas only partially viewable by the rear view mirrors. When a vehicle or motorbike (125cc or larger) approaches in the next lane and is in a potential blind spot, an LED indicator in the exterior mirror will illuminate to warn you.
The interior of the GS has been designed with both the driver and passengers in mind. A spacious cabin is a showcase of uncompromising luxury while a host of advanced technological features put the driver firmly in control.
Luxury model shown.
The GS 250 continues to offer the convenience of Bluetooth®8 mobile phone connectivity but now, due to the all-new multimedia system, provides significantly improved operability for your compatible mobile phone including automatic9 address book download (up to 1,000 contacts). You also have the ability to stream audio9 from your compatible mobile phone or audio device for playback through the vehicle's sound system.
Digital Radio (DAB+)7 is available as a standard inclusion on the GS. Providing greater audio clarity, better reception (in covered areas) and a range of additional stations, Digital Radio offers a superior entertainment experience compared to traditional AM or FM analogue radio.
The 'human orientated design' philosophy of L-finesse has resulted in the dash and centre console being divided into 'Display' and 'Operation' zones, with the Operation zone centred around the Lexus Remote Touch (LRT) controller. This clever design allows the driver to confidently control the vehicle with a natural posture and minimal movement of their body and eyes, making for a more comfortable, intuitive and safer drive.
The list of standard inclusions in the GS 250 will surprise and delight those who are used to paying more for a full-featured luxury vehicle. Easy entry is provided to the vehicle with the driver's seat and steering wheel automatically adjusted upon entry and exit. Once seated, twelve-way adjustable leather accented front seats, both ventilated and heated, ensure a supremely comfortable ride. A 12 speaker Pioneer audio system delivers a crystal clear audio experience. The Satellite Navigation System4 includes live traffic alerts5 to make planning your journey easier while an anti-theft system, which includes an immobiliser, vehicle tilt sensor and intrusion sensor, provides reassurance.
Lexus Enform14 is an intuitive communications system that allows you to feel connected and informed in a number of ways. Utilising compatible smartphones15, Enform allows you to receive directions to your destination, search for local businesses, locate nearby service stations, view the weather and even contact a Lexus representative. Lexus Enform puts a wealth of connectivity at your fingertips.
Ensuring a comfortable seating position in the GS 250 F Sport is simple with 18-way adjustable driver's seat with adjustable side bolsters. The electrically adjustable side bolsters increase or decrease the 'hugging' sensation provided by the seat back through 26° of movement. During a more energetic drive and when cornering you will feel snug and secure in your seat.
An expression of the future direction of L-finesse design, the appearance of the GS 250 is both bold and captivating. Prepare yourself: with the GS 250 it's very much a case of love at first sight.
Luxury model shown with Enhancement Pack 1.
Powerful, distinctive and commanding are three words that could be used to describe the new spindle grille of the GS 250. Designed to appeal to individuals with a refined sense of style, the vehicle's sporting pedigree is immediately apparent. The spindle grille is one design feature among many that makes this luxury sports sedan stand out from the crowd.
Incorporating the advanced environmental and technological aspects of L-finesse, the front headlights ensure an ample field of view for confident night driving. Highly directional Bi-Xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights use a single bulb for both high and low beam, compared to a conventional system where separate bulbs are used for high and low beam, so light is projected a greater distance. In addition, there is a 63% reduction in power usage compared to the previous GS. The Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) features headlights that swivel left and right in response to steering and vehicle speed, directing light around the upcoming bend which helps you see around corners.
Daytime Running Lights (DRLs), which consist of nine bright LEDs styled in a Lexus arrowhead design at the lower edge of the front headlights, help make the vehicle highly visible to both pedestrians and other vehicles. Particularly effective at dawn and dusk when light levels are low and there is glare from the rising or setting sun, DRLs help reduce the chance of an accident. And, in a Lexus first, the DRLs offer a welcome to the driver, illuminating briefly when the vehicle is unlocked at night. It's just another example of no detail being too small for the passionate Lexus designers in their pursuit of perfection.
With the Smart Key or Smart Key Card in your pocket or bag, as you approach the vehicle you can open all four doors or the boot simply by gripping the handle or touching the boot release. Once inside the GS 250, Smart Start is a convenient driver-focused feature that allows the engine start button to be activated provided the key is within the vehicle.
Every exterior feature on the GS 250 has been painstakingly planned to create a vehicle that is not only aesthetically thrilling but that also utilises intelligent technology to make the experience of driving this vehicle feel peerless. Whether it's self-restoring paint which can restore itself when scratched11, mirrors that automatically dim when they are dazzled by headlights, right through to an eight head Clearance and Reversing Sonar10 which increases the ease of parking while reducing the risk of damage, the GS 250 is for those who demand the highest automotive standards.
From the front the F Sport bumper features a more three-dimensional form and emphasises the wide lower edge of the mesh spindle grille. An aerodynamic rear lip spoiler and lower aerodynamic diffuser painted with grey metallic paint emphasise the vehicle's sporty look. F Sport fender badges further distinguish the GS 250 F Sport from other grades.
1. Fuel consumption will vary depending on driving
conditions/style, vehicle conditions and options/accessories.
Source of fuel consumption data: ADR 81/02 combined
2. Emissions will vary depending on driving conditions/style, vehicle conditions and options/accessories.
3. Lane Departure Warning is a driver assist device only and should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices. The area into which the vehicle is driven must be visually monitored by the driver.
4. Current navigation mapping database encompasses major capital and primary national road networks as well as offering some coverage in regional areas
5. Suna™ GPS Traffic Updates are only available in metropolitan Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney; it operates from information provided by Intelematics Australia and may not cover all road incidents and congestion. See sunatraffic.com.au for details.
6. Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)/ Rear View Camera (RVC) with Rear Guide Assist (RGA)/ Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) are designed as driver assist devices only and should not be used as a substitute for safe driving and/or safe parking practices. The area into which the vehicle is to be driven must be visually monitored by the driver.
7. Digital radio station coverage dependent on vehicle location.
8. The Bluetooth® word mark is owned by The Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Not all devices will be compatible and functionality will vary depending on the device.
9. Not all devices will be compatible and functionality will vary depending on the device.
10. Sonar Parking is designed as a driver assist device only and should not be used as a substitute for safe driving and/or safe parking practices. The area into which the vehicle is to be driven must be visually monitored by the driver.
11. Self-restoring paint contains an outer coating with elastic qualities capable of restoring superficial scratches only.
12. Automatic High Beam is a driver assist device only and should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
13. Pre-Collision safety System (PCS)/Radar Active Cruise Control (ACC) are driver assist technologies and should not be used in place of safe driving practices. Driver should continue to monitor road ahead.
14. Lexus Enform is available on certain vehicle models and grades only. Lexus reserves the right to add, remove or modify applications. Lexus Enform services rely on data from the driver's compatible mobile phone and information provided by third parties. Availability is dependent on a number of factors, including the availability of third party information, mobile service, sufficient mobile data allowance and GPS satellite signal reception. Mobile usage is at the user's cost. Further information is provided at www.lexus.com.au/enform
15. Not all devices will be compatible and functionality will vary depending on the device. Details of compatible smartphones are available at www.lexus.com.au/enform/devices.
* Premium paint featured is an optional extra at additional cost for all model lines (excluding LS 460, LS 600h, IS 250C and IS F).