Warranty Terms & Conditions
This Lexus Warranty Experience applies to all new Lexus UX 300e vehicles delivered in Australia by a Lexus Dealer.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Lexus’s services (if any) come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled: (a) to cancel your service contract (if any) with Lexus; and (b) to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value, for a major failure with any service provided. If a failure with the service (if any) does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service (if any) and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
The Lexus Warranty Experience, and other applicable Lexus warranties do not limit the Australian Consumer Law statutory consumer guarantees in any way. In some circumstances your rights under the Australian Consumer Law statutory consumer guarantees may be greater than your rights under the Lexus Warranty Experience, or other applicable Lexus warranty, in which case Lexus will always honour your rights under the Australian Consumer Law statutory consumer guarantees.
Summary of Lexus Warranty Experience Coverage:
|Vehicle Component||Lexus Warranty Experience Terms
[See note 1]
|Engine / Hybrid System
(excluding High Voltage Battery)
|5 Years / Unlimited kms|
|Driveline||5 Years / Unlimited kms|
|Vehicle (bumper to bumper)||5 Years / Unlimited kms|
|High Voltage Battery (Hybrid, Plugin Hybrid & Electric Vehicle) except EV Battery Capacity Degradation||5 Years / unlimited kms + up to 5 additional years (up to a total of 10 years / Unlimited kms) subject to annual Hybrid/EV System health check after 5th year in accordance with Lexus specifications
[See note 2a]
|High Voltage Battery Capacity for Electric Vehicles (EV Battery Capacity Degradation)||8 Years / 160,000 kms (whichever occurs first) + up to 2 additional years (up to a total of 10 Years/160,000 kms (whichever occurs first)) if battery energy storage capacity falls below 70% of original capacity subject to annual Hybrid/EV System Health Check after 8th year in accordance with Lexus specifications [See note 2b]|
|Perforation (rust through panel)||7 Years/Unlimited kms|
|Auxiliary Battery (12 volt)||3 Years / 100,000 kms (whichever occurs first)
4th Year - 50% coverage
[See note 5]
|Genuine Parts and Accessories||Up to 5 Years / Unlimited kms
[See note 3]
|Tyres||Not covered by the Lexus Warranty Experience - warranted by the tyre manufacturer. Contact your local or preferred Lexus Dealer who can assist if failure occurs|
|Towing and Loan Vehicle||5 Years / Unlimited kms
[See note 4]
|Maintenance Items (normal wear and tear) – including but not limited to spark plugs, all filters, wiper inserts, globes, brake linings and rotors||No coverage where replacement is part of the general maintenance reasonably expected to be required for your vehicle|
Commercial Use Vehicles - 5 years / unlimited kms warranty does not apply. 5 years / 160,000km (whichever occurs first) applies [See note 6] except for perforation (rust through panel) which will apply for 7 years / unlimited kms.
1. The applicable Lexus Warranty Experience period begins on the Warranty Commencement Date for a vehicle. The Warranty Commencement Date means the earlier of:
- new vehicle delivery to its first owner, or
- date vehicle first put into service by Lexus or an authorised Lexus Dealer as a company or demonstration vehicle.
In Western Australia, for demonstration vehicles the warranty period begins from the purchase date, but kilometres are counted from when the vehicle is put into service as a demonstration vehicle.
2(a). The Lexus Warranty Experience High Voltage Battery coverage period is 10 years from the Warranty Commencement Date, with unlimited kms except for EV Battery Capacity Degradation issues which are subject to a separate warranty [See note 2b].
It is comprised of the standard 5 year, unlimited kms Lexus Warranty Experience period and extended each year for an additional 5 years with an annual Hybrid/EV System Health Check in accordance with Lexus specifications provided that operation, charging and maintenance complies with Lexus EV Operating Instructions.
- Commercial Use Vehicles are subject to a km limit of 160,000km [See note 6];
- the Auxiliary Battery (12 volt), which is covered separately [See note 5]; and
- Issues related to EV Battery Capacity Degradation which are covered separately [See note 2b].
2(b). For Electric Vehicles only, the following EV Battery Capacity Degradation coverage applies. For the initial warranty period of 8 years or 160,000 km (whichever occurs first), we will repair or replace your EV battery if the energy storage capacity falls below 70% of the original EV battery capacity. In addition, this coverage is extended for up to an additional 2 years (to a total of 10 years / 160,000 km, whichever occurs first), if the regular Health Checks in the maintenance program are executed according to Lexus specifications and operation, charging and maintenance complies with Lexus EV Operating Instructions.
- the Auxiliary Battery (12 volt), is covered separately. [See note 5].
3. All Lexus genuine parts / accessories purchased and fitted by a Lexus Dealer to a Lexus vehicle which were purchased on or after 01/01/2021 are warranted for the remainder of the applicable Lexus Warranty Experience period or for 2 years/ unlimited km from installation, whichever is greater. Lexus genuine parts / accessories purchased from an authorised Lexus Dealer over the counter and not fitted by an authorised Lexus Dealer, are warranted for 2 years/ unlimited km.
4. If a Vehicle has broken down due to a failure covered by the Lexus Warranty Experience, towing to the nearest Lexus Dealer Service Centre and a loan car is covered by either Drivecare (for Lexus Encore customers1) or the Lexus Warranty Experience. If after investigation, Lexus reasonably considers the failure is not covered by Drivecare or the Lexus Warranty Experience, Lexus or Dealer may seek reimbursement of towing and any loan vehicle charges (as the case may be).
5. During the first 3 years or 100,000 kms from the Warranty Commencement Period, a defective original equipment battery (12 Volt) will be replaced with a comparable replacement free of charge. Should the battery fail after 3 years or 100,000 kms of service but before the 4 years or 100,000 kms of service, 50% of the replacement cost will be covered by the warranty.
6. For vehicles used for commercial applications, such as taxis, hire vehicles and vehicles transporting people or goods for payment (including on a part-time or casual basis) (‘Commercial Use Vehicles’), the Lexus Warranty Experience will be as set out above but subject to a maximum of 5 years or 160,000 kms whichever occurs first except for perforation (rust through panels) which is 7 years/ Unlimited kms. The extended coverage to 5 years/ Unlimited kms is not available for vehicles Commercial Use Vehicles. Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law statutory consumer guarantees still apply and may exceed your rights under the Lexus Warranty Experience.
Expenses associated with claims under the Lexus Warranty Experience:
In most cases, there will be no charge to you for expenses associated with making a claim under the Lexus Warranty Experience. If there are circumstances that mean you may need to pay a charge, the charge will be discussed with you in advance.
Where Coverage Does Not Apply:
- Failures in non-genuine parts and accessories and damage or failures caused or contributed to by such failures.
- Formal or informal competitive events, such as racing.
- Off-road use where the vehicle is not designed for that purpose.
- Water ingress from floods or deep-water fording.
- Overloading - permissible loads are covered in the vehicle Owner’s Manual.
- Damage caused by improper adjustment, repair, tampering or modifications by a non-Lexus repairer.
- Accident damage.
- Failures that Lexus Australia reasonably considers result from your failure to operate, maintain and care for your Lexus properly, in accordance with the instructions in your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual and Warranty and Service Book (including failure to complete applicable scheduled servicing and maintenance).
- Defects caused by the fitment of non-Lexus-approved parts, accessories or add-on parts, or by improper maintenance, or lack of maintenance of those parts.
- Scratches or surface rust caused by normal wear and tear, including but not limited to stone or other chips in paint.
- Damage or breakage of the windscreen or glass caused by normal wear and tear, such as stone impacts.
- Environmental damage, including but not limited to hailstones, windstorms, flooding, fire, lightning or airborne fallout (for example, chemicals, tree sap, bird and insect droppings, etc.).
- Tyres, which are covered by the tyre manufacturer's warranty.
- Normal wear and tear components including but not limited to: floor mats, engine tune-ups, lubrication, replacement of expendable parts such as filters, coolant, spark plugs, fuses, wiper blades, brake discs, brake drums, brake pads, clutch linings and brake shoes. These items are not covered by the Lexus Warranty Experience where replacement is in line with operational maintenance requirements specified in the vehicle’s Warranty and Service Book or Owner’s Manual.
- Normal or characteristic noise, vibration, wear and tear, and deterioration such as discolouration, flaking, deformation or blur associated with lens or glass.
- Petrol engines: damage caused by improper fuels such as the use of fuels with an Ethanol content greater than 10% (E10), or lower than recommended octane rating fuels. See your Owner’s Manual for more details.
- Diesel engines: damage caused by improper fuels such as the use of biodiesel fuels greater than 5% (B5) and not conforming to the national diesel fuel standard EN590. See your Owner’s Manual for more details.
- Damage caused by vehicle modifications including but not limited to the fitment of non-genuine performance enhancing products such as power chips, forced induction products, suspension components. These products typically impart forces/loads greater than the original design intent and may compromise the vehicle’s longevity and durability.
Technical information - and enquiries
Lexus Dealers have Lexus trained Technical Staff and are your first point of contact for all matters relating to your Lexus vehicle. For a full list of Lexus Dealers please refer to the Find a Dealer link on the Lexus Australia website Lexus.com.au/contact/find-a-dealer.
Terms and conditions
Certain other terms and conditions apply to the Lexus Warranty Experience. Please see below and refer to the Warranty and Service book for details.
You must operate, maintain and care for your Lexus properly, in accordance with the instructions in your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual and Warranty and Service book.
The best way to maintain your vehicle is through a Lexus Dealer. By having your Lexus vehicle maintained at a Lexus Dealer, you’ll be in safe hands knowing that your vehicle is being serviced by experts and will always be fitted with Lexus Genuine Parts. Doing so keeps your Lexus in the very best condition.
To make a claim under the Lexus Warranty Experience, contact an authorised Lexus Dealer. If your name or address has changed or you are the new owner of a Lexus, please visit the Lexus Owner’s Portal: Lexus.com.au/owners or contact the Lexus Customer Assistance Centre to update the information for your vehicle.
If for some reason the odometer is changed, please have your Lexus Customer Assistance Centre verify the date of the change and kilometres travelled on the form located at the back of your vehicle’s Warranty and Service book.
Further assistance - Should you require further assistance that your Lexus Dealer is unable to provide, please call, email or mail the Lexus Customer Assistance Centre where our Advisors can assist with your enquiry and provide a response.
Lexus Customer Assistance Centre
Monday to Friday
8:00am to 6:00pm
1800 023 009
Lexus Customer Assistance Centre
PO Box 1676
NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2059